James Harden left the Houston Rockets to the Brooklyn Nets in a huge trade-off.
According to the news announced by ESPN, Houston Rockets received Caris LeVert, Dante Exum, Rodions Founders, 4 first round draft rights and 4 draft changes in return for this trade.
The report also details that as soon as the Harden trade was announced, the Houston Rockets sent Caris LeVert to the Indiana Pacers and received Victor Oladipo in return.
Merciless James Harden: destroy exes with a triple-double and set burning Nets on fire
Star guard James Harden added a triple-double in the first game against his former team and the Brooklyn Nets beat the Houston Rockets on the road 114-132, who added their thirteenth consecutive loss.
The Nets set a franchise record with their seventh consecutive road win and have won 10 of their last 11 games.
James Harden had 20 points, 14 assists and 10 rebounds as attacking director for his new team, the Nets (24-13), who remain second in the Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference.
It’s Harden’s eighth triple-double this season and his second in a row after he scored 30 points, 14 rebounds and 15 assists in overtime in San Antonio against the Spurs on Monday.
James Harden had a mixed reception from the crowd. Many of the 3,615 fans booed him when they introduced him before the game, and more boos came the first few times he touched the ball.
The same happened with coach Mike D’Antoni, who did not want to continue with the Rockets and is now assistant to the Nets coach, Canadian Steve Nash.
The Rockets released a video showing some of the countless highlights from their eight seasons in Houston during a first-quarter timeout.
There were more boos than applause as he played. James Harden walked off the Toyota Center track and raised his arms before placing his hands in a prayer position to acknowledge the fans when he finished.
Point guard Kyrie Irving had 24 points and forward Joe Harris added 19 that also helped the Nets win, who for the eighth consecutive game played without injured star forward Kevin Durant.
Point guard John Wall had 36 points as the Rockets’ best scorer, but they did not prevent one more loss in the face of the lack of definition of the style of play of the Houston team, which this season have coach Stephen Silas on the bench.
Guard Victor Oladipo scored 33 points as the Rockets’ second leading scorer, while forward Jae’Sean Tate contributed a double-double of 12 points and 10 rebounds as the team’s best player in the paint.
But the Rockets remained losers in the longest losing streak for the Houston team, which only had eight players available due to injuries since losing 15 in a row in 2001.
Wall & Oladipo combine for 69pts in tonight’s game.— Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) March 4, 2021
Highlights ⤵️ pic.twitter.com/1puZVO3G2Q
Brooklyn Nets convince at the Golden State Warriors: “This is how we can sweep teams out of the hall”
The Brooklyn Nets flexed their muscles at the Golden State Warriors and won with a sovereign 134: 117. Kevin Durant had fun on his first return to his old place of work, also because the Nets finally played concentrated for over 48 minutes.
“It was cool. We played a good game and the atmosphere has been good all day,” said Durant, who put up 20 points, after the game. The Warriors also honored the two-time Finals MVP with a one-minute tribute video, which is to be played again when fans are allowed in the Chase Center again.
Durant thought it was a great gesture. “I think about those moments every day. My time at Golden State was so much fun and I learned so much about basketball here,” added KD.
The forward now brings his knowledge to the Nets and after three defeats in the last four games they finally made a good game again at the Dubs. James Harden put on 19 points and 16 assists as playmaker, Kyrie Irving was the new shooting guard with 23 points top scorer.
“They are all so talented and love the game,” said coach Steve Nash. “We still have a lot of work to do, especially on the defensive, but I think we made a step forward in that regard today.”
Draymond on playing KD again: "It sucked. We got our ass kicked."— Nick Friedell (@NickFriedell) February 14, 2021
Golden State Warriors see Brooklyn Nets as favorites in the east
The extent to which the defense had an influence on the poor shooting of the Warriors (9/34 from Downtown) remains to be seen, but Brooklyn never slept through the start and celebrated one of their rare blowout victories. “When we play defense, we can blow teams out of the hall,” said the nominal center Bruce Brown, who is just 1.93 meters tall.
The real fiver was Durant, who did the same with the Warriors every now and then. Warriors star Draymond Green then called the Nets the best team in the East and coach Steve Kerr sees it similarly. “If you don’t have a good plan for how to attack them, then you have a big problem because they just overwhelm you with their talent.”
The Brooklyn Nets are still in third place in the east with a balance of 16-12, but due to the blunder of the Philadelphia 76ers, the gap to the top is only 2.5 games. For Brooklyn, the game in Golden State was the beginning of a West Coast trip, now there are away games in Phoenix, Sacramento and against both L.A. teams.
NBA match reports : LeBron James saves the Los Angeles Lakers in overtime – strong Giannis is not enough for the Bucks – Bulls shoot out all the lights
NBA match reports: The Los Angeles Lakers have to go into overtime for the third year in a row and tremble to victory thanks to LeBron James. The Phoenix Suns defy a 47-point performance from Giannis Antetokounmpo, while Zach LaVine and the Chicago Bulls shut out all the lights. And: The Brooklyn Nets can defend.
The Raptors kill the Wizards with a strong final spurt. Brooklyn shows a strong reaction after three defeats in a row – and that in defense!
Washington Wizards (6-16) – Toronto Raptors (12-13) 115: 137
- NBA match reports: The Raptors are slowly but surely climbing back towards a balanced record. After the horror start to the season, the Canadians in Washington have now achieved their fifth win from the last six games, primarily thanks to an excellent evening shooting.
- Against the well-known weak Wizards defense, the Raptors sank 52.7 percent from the field and an outstanding 19/32 from a distance (59.4 percent). In the first quarter, Toronto with 40 points gave an impression of the direction in which this game should go, after which they did not give up the lead.
- After all, the home side kept it more or less exciting for a long time. Russell Westbrook, who was weak in first half, thawed a bit after the break (19 of 23 points in the second half, plus 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 5 turnovers at 9/20 FG). His two three-pointers only put Washington at -5 with eight and a half minutes before the end – but then the Raptors ended the game with a 26: 9 run.
- The Canadians’ shoot was just too much, Kyle Lowry sank 5/8 threes on the way to 21 points, but the best scorer was Norman Powell (28, 10/18 FG). Pascal Siakam (26) or Chris Boucher (17 and 16 rebounds) also showed good performances, while Bradley Beal on the other side did not go beyond 24 points (8/20 FG, 1/6 threesome). That made him the top scorer of the Wizards. Moritz Wagner and Isaac Bonga were not used.
Brooklyn Nets (15-12) – Indiana Pacers (12-13) 104: 94
- NBA match reports: The evening before, the mood in Brooklyn was a bit depressed after the Nets conceded 122 points against the Pistons and the third bankruptcy in a row. But the star ensemble showed a strong reaction and ended the series of defeats against the Pacers. And this time the defense was right too.
- Indiana scored 30 points in the entire first half with a miserable field throw rate of 25.6 percent (11/43 FG) on the scoreboard. Led by Kyrie Irving (35 points and 8 assists at 8/17 FG and 17/17 FT), the Nets rolled over the guests to a 62:30 halftime lead – a Nets record since the franchise moved to Brooklyn in 2012.
- “We didn’t play such a defense the entire season. It was good to see,” said Joe Harris, who contributed 17 points to the success. James Harden got 19 points (4/13 FG), 11 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 turns, DeAndre Jordan made a positive impression with a double-double (12 and 13 rebounds) and a cracking alley-oop after a nice Irving pass attentive. Kevin Durant (Corona Protocol) is not expected back until Friday.
- The game was in fact already decided at half-time, the relatively tight final result said little about the course of the game. Indiana set the season low for points and the throwing rate (39.1 percent), Domantas Sabonis was still the best man with 18 points (7/20 FG) and 9 rebounds. Malcolm Brogdon had 15 points, but needed 17 throws (5 hits). After all, Caris LeVert experienced a nice return to his old place of work, who received a video tribute from his ex-team.
Kyrie with the handles and the lob to DJ 😳 pic.twitter.com/47FjEwnWPH— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) February 11, 2021